Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-07-2018, 06:27 PM   #15
Dave Schwartz

This was the next race that came up on the day I was handicapping. (Sept 9)

In the upper section, marked in yellow, are the two horses that projected to be <3.49/1. (My definition of low odds.)

A logical question would be, "How do I handicap?"

The answer is that the system created 5 "objects" for me, each pushing the winners to the top but with slightly different sorts.

The handicapping object I selected was the one that most agreed with the object that was used to project the odds.

The two hit rates, 38% and 30.5% respectively, when multiplied by the payoffs projected by the odds, resulted in $nets of $1.73 and $1.78 respectively, for the two horses.

If either had been $1.90 or higher, they would have been "Play Against." As it is, they are just "close" to "BetAg."
We're hoping that with more effort we'll be able to expand downward a little more with some added conditions in the future, but right now we're sticking with the extremes.
Down below I have show the running lines of the two horses in question. Both ran what I would call "dead races."

Notice the final odds off to the right.

The race ran 6-2, not that it matters.
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)