Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-08-2019, 06:23 PM   #11
46zilzal
velocitician

Don't know if it is still extant, but I was an almost charter member of a club where we did just what you are doing (called The Sport Of KIngs Society). I won a contest there by sending in 365 DIFFERENT totes to win a prize for widest variety.

When I moved to Toronto, I threw out THOUSANDS of the old stubbies and old cardboard ones from tracks all over the WORLD. Delaware park tote mutuel manager even printed up a set of test totes with my name as the code (the old code that was before the bar code that changed with every race.)

I have a Forego K Derby tote and lots of them from tracks that are no longer: Narragansett, Bowie, etc. Totes from the Typecast-Convenience match race at Hollywood, used to have one from Sect'at last Woodbine race ..I have enclosure passes from many courses, bookie tickets from all over Europe, lapel buttons for seats at places like Hialeah, many post cards, an entire set of what they used to call "yard stick" totes for multiple super bets (man of the ones in the set American Totalisator sent me were never actually popular enough to sell in any number, have "rack" totes from the old days before there were newly printed totes and the sellers used to just remove the pre-printed totes from racks of them, I have totes from about 5 or 6 old time totalisator companies like United, Ace, ..these worked at little places like Sonoita, Arizona or Uranium Downs Colorado. LOTs of old programs of horses like Old Bob Bowers, Many may K Derbies, Preakness, an entire set from the first few years of the Breeder's Cups. I have ENTIRE sets of test totes (some all in the old cardboard like from Evangeline Downs) many many from Canada, Germany, Greece, England etc.

In sending me totes many members of that old club forwarded some form dog tracks and Hijail frontons. They are all currently sitting in special envelopes categorized by alphabet in a box right near me. Wanted to one day present them all in a frame, but I am not getting any younger.

MANY many autographed photos, Woody Stephens, Laz Barrera, Laffit, Shoe, McCarron, P Val, Eddie D, Pat Day etc. and many many photos I took at the early Breeder's Cups and at the breeding farms where I had audiences with Secretariat, Nodouble, Slew and Slew O'Gold, Tom Rolfe, Cougar II, Ack Ack, Nijinsky, Gato Del Sol, Danzig, Mr Prospector, Ferdinand, Lady's Secret, Manila, John Henry, Linkage, Vanlandingham, Damascus, Devils' Bag, Bid, A Pharoah (at his Belmont), California Chrome, Spend a Buck, Chief' Crown (brough one to show the trainer, Roger Laurin when he was inducted into the Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame), Tank's Prospect, Wise Dan at his visit to Woodbine, Lure, All Along, In Reality, Summer Squall, Risen Star, Snow Chief, Life's Magic, Pebbles, Storm Cat, Precisionist, etc etc.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)