Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-01-2019, 02:31 PM   #9
f2tornado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parson View Post
do you know about Ran and buckpasser, for some reason, I can never figure that out. confuses the hell out of me
RAN is easier to explain. Simply follow the top sire line. Here is Maximum Security. He's got RAN five generations back via Mr. P. Fast closing RAN horses have been winning the Derby about 4x more than simple chance. I'll also note he's a female family 1 which has been the strongest in the Derby.

Buckpasser-x is a bit more complicated to explain. The theory is Buckpasser may have a strong tendency to pass along a large or stronger heart gene through daughters but not son to son. In the case of Game Winner, he has the Buckpasser-x by way of Lassie Dear. He's also RAN six generations back via Mr. P and is also female family 1 (and the strongest subfamily x). Should he run strong this weekend he would probably easily top the old Stanley Caris checklist.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)