Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-22-2018, 02:32 AM   #45
bobphilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I'll tell you what...let's you and I work on a little homework assignment. You can gather some more examples of horses of various class levels who have successfully made the jump from Finger Lakes to the Aqueduct/Saratoga/ Belmont circuit...and I'll come up with examples of seemingly off-form horses who have "come to life" when they make the transition from the major NY circuit, to Finger Lakes. And then we can put this "track-class" question to bed for good.

Let me ask you something, bobphilo:

You started this thread by congratulating Cj for his superior figure-making...because Cartwheelin Lulu had the top TFUS speed figure, and was tied for the top pace in the Gimma Stakes. And now you've come back to tell us that you had made a mistake...and that there were other horses in that race that had even BIGGER ratings than Cartwheelin Lulu. Seeing that you seem to be a little careless in your handicapping endeavors...how confident are you in the accuracy of your Finger Lakes/Belmont "track-class comparison"?
OK, So after I'v gathered my horses who have made a successful transition from Finger Lakes to Bel, Sar, Aqu. and you've made your collection of horses improving when they go from major NY tracks to Finger Lakes. So what have we proven?

As for the error I made in missing a few speed figures in one race. Which I readily admitted to. Are you casting aspersions on my handicapping because of an error in one race and saying I am so incompetent as to not know the difference in class between a major and minor track? I see you must be perfect in all your numerical calculations. One little numerical error in speed and suddenly I'm an incompetent when it comes to identifying class. I find that insulting and uncalled for.
Of course, in general the major NY tracks are at a higher class level. Again, aside from insulting me, what's your point.
Are you so sensitive about me not giving the proper respect to your precious class factor that you have to resort to insults and comparisons that make no sense?
bobphilo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)