Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-24-2018, 02:14 PM   #1
tucker6

California is starting process to secede in 2020

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...ignatures.html

Advocates who want California to secede from the rest of the United States were given the green light Monday to begin collecting signatures for their initiative. The latest measure would ask voters in 2020 to decide whether to open up a secession discussion. If passed, a second election would be held a year later asking voters to affirm the decision and become an independent country.

Marcus Ruiz Evans and Louis J. Marinelli, co-founders of the group Yes California, said the second vote would show that Californians are serious about secession and would strengthen the case for foreign governments to recognize the state’s independence.

And if that weren’t enough, there’s yet another proposal in play known as “New California” that would cut out rural counties and make them into their own state. The founders of New California describe the rest of California as “ungovernable.” “The current state of California has become governed by a tyranny,” the group declared in an online statement.

If California secession opens up a GoFundMe, please let me know. I may leave my estate to them in my will.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)