Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-05-2018, 06:57 PM   #168
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Yes, many of us are losing 30% or more, but we would still like to get those rebates that are available to some...so we could reduce our loss. And, when we look into the local rebate-ADWs, like BetPTC...we see that the sites exclude more U.S. states than they allow. Do we have to relocate, or buy another home in an "allowed state"...before we can get a decent rebate in this game? In which department of the horse-racing "industry" can we get answers to these questions?
It's funny you mention that, but I had a conversation through private messages a few years back with someone who is well respected here (not someone who posted in this thread yet though) and when I asked about rebates, that was exactly what he told me---that I should move to a state where I had better chances at rebates---that or use a friend's address and get rebates that way. And while it was no doubt good advice if I wanted to dedicate my life to making a profit at horse racing, I thought (and still do) that if that's what it takes to win in this game, we're pretty much screwed.

And to be clear, I'm not begrudging the people who have the best technology and most knowledge their success. But with massive takeout, shrinking field sizes, and all of the other gambling options in the world, these organizations' ability to take value from the pools is just another reason not to play at more than a very casual level. Obviously racing is tied to these players' handle and can't break free now, but eventually we'll just have a handful of whales swimming around in a mud puddle.

Last edited by castaway01; 02-05-2018 at 06:59 PM. Reason: cleaned up the "fake address" thing because it's not the point of the post
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)