Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-17-2017, 10:07 AM   #168
Fager Fan
Veteran

I think those guilty of enabling have to be pointed at specifically. Some victims tried to get their story out, and some press also tried to. Some press mayve wanted to, but without a victim going on record, they can be hard pressed to print what they could likely be sued over. There's also the problem with something being one person's word against the other's.

It appears none of the women were concerned that they'd be blamed for what happened to them (those days are mostly gone), but were instead worried about him ruining their career or being able to fight him financially. So they need to address this within the industry, providing a safe place to report their grievances and that entity protecting them while they investigate.

Some of these women seemed to hold the power too to do something about this but chose not to. Judd, Jolie, Paltrow, Fonda, etc had enough power and money of their own to not be destroyed if they banded together with others.

So the people I'd applaud most were those who tried to shine a light on this years before. I didn't think I'd ever compliment Courtney Love, but apparently she was one. Rose McGowan seemed to try hard to get her story out.

Men in Hollywood? I probably can't find a reason to defend any man who knew and didn't do anything about it (I haven't heard of a single one who did try).
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)