Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Past posting
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2020, 05:07 PM   #50
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
i just wonder if anyone here has ever bet the break or cancelled after the start of the race.

its impossible to do on the adw's we have now from your home.
I have, but I don't believe the money went into the public pools. It was not a major ADW.

It was about 10? years ago. I was betting using a new off shore site and had a bet queued up. I got distracted and missed the break. In frustration I hit the enter button anyway. To my shock the bet was accepted.

The next race I tried to duplicate it and it worked again.

After a few more attempts, I realized I had about 4-5 seconds after the break to get bets in. That gave me enough time to make sure my horse broke well and got the desired position before actually making the bet.

I'm an honest guy. I sent a note to the site telling them they had a flaw in their software that allowed me to past post and suggested they better fix it. It turned out, they had a person watching the satellite feed manually pressing the "close race" button.

I was getting a much better satellite feed in my location than they were getting in theirs (I guess a latency issue). They were closing the races after they had already started. They thanked me, returned the losing wagers I made when I was testing it, and automated the process a few days later.

Cheating shouldn't be able to happen because bets are time stamped, but I suppose anything is possible with hackers.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 07-14-2020 at 05:12 PM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most