Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-13-2016, 01:21 AM   #1378
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
All of which is superficial nonsense of the highest order. You are saying that if a party is in control in year x, and something happens in year x, that party must have caused it.

It can take years for political policy changes to show any significant impact on the economy. There are ways of measuring this, but saying that "x" happened in a given year because a party was in control that year is incredibly simplistic. It's no more logical or realistic than a witch doctor claiming his chants cause a rain storm. He performed his act and then it rained. Must be true.
Zico 20 speculated with absolutely no proof that job growth under Democratic Congresses was probably negative. I did not see you shooting off your mouth about that.

You say you have a magic formula for measuring when and how a particular action takes effect. Why don't you share that with us? What I do know is that if the Republicans are in power and the economy improves, they are very quick to take credit. And if the Democrats are in power and the economy gets worse, the Republicans are very quick to place blame. And there is no nonsense about lets wait to see what the effects are.

All this crap about correlation is not causation is just that. Job growth under Democratic presidents is twice as good as under Republican presidents. That is proof enough for me. Nothing would be proof enough for you.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)