Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 11:51 AM   #14
turfnsport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubercapper View Post

There was no mistake made on Friday regarding the races 4 and 14 being moved to the dirt that were not. Those races did not display "turf moved to dirt" as other races did.

The scratch reasons displayed for races 4 and 10 were "Off-turf" from 9:46 until 10:28. Tracks have the ability to enter scratches, along with scratch reasons, before the Chart Callers arrive and this is what occurred. When the Chart Callers arrived the scratch reasons were changed to "Trainer."
Yes I'd call it a mistake. I saw the scratches during that time frame and it said "Off Turf" as the reason.

I have been checking scratches for four decades and I assumed the races were off the turf, as did everyone else.

The TVG talking heads were confused, as I am sure everyone was.

Absolutely no excuse for such nonsense on a big racing day when so many people go to local tracks and OTBs and wager early.

Equibase needs to join the modern era on how they disseminate information. It's not 1983 anymore.
turfnsport is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)