Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-24-2015, 11:34 PM   #99
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
I'm not sure where I side on races like R9 at SA today. The winner (the 3) clearly fouled the 2, who was still trying but probably not going to be a factor late. He just bulled him out of the way so he had a rail run. The runner up was not affected, but it is fair that he gets beat by a rider that essentially cheated?

The guy (don't even know who it was) should definitely get days and a hefty fine, but is it fair to punish those that bet the runner up? Those that bet the winner? Tough call IMO.
I looked at it several times. The Pan shot makes it look pretty bad. The head on not as bad. My problem is the contact could...could have caused heels to clip . THAT is where I go off the rails on this kind of race riding.
In this instance, if I were king of the racing rules for a day, I would not change the placings. However, Mr Baze would be getting a "you are hereby" letter from me to have a "Come to Jesus Meeting and don't forget your checkbook"....
I would let him know that while I somewhat admire his courage, that kind of thing will not be tolerated. That he could have caused a serious accident causing serious injury to himself, his mount and/or his fellow rider and or his mount. I would then inform Mr Baze that he owed me and the State of California One Thousand Dollars..
"See the clerk on your way out.".
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)