Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-19-2014, 06:48 PM   #3
zico20

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Of course "that isn't the only way they try to pick winners" at TimeformUS. That is just silly. Multiple selections with explanations are posted every single day for various tracks, and often top figure horses aren't even mentioned, let alone selected. The track record has been very good.

This is a five horse field with a heavy favorite. There isn't a lot of room for creativity. So you think Dortmund is a superstar. Great. Don't bet against him.

Disclaimer---I rarely ever make selections for TimeformUS, and if I do, my name is on it. But I've learned if I don't like one of the selections by one of our handicappers, I at least take another look.
I think they should have wrote the article a little different. It just sounds like they think Firing Line is a faster horse than Dortmund. It would have just sounded better had Timeform said Firing Line is sitting on another big move forward which will be what he needs to spring the upset. Plus, his 3-1 odds will be right compared to Dortmunds 1-5. Maybe I just interpreted the article wrong in that they think Firing Line is the better horse.
zico20 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)