Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-26-2018, 08:29 AM   #13
Inner Dirt

Something needs to be done, but I am not sure what. I would say men's basketball is the worst, but probably the most demanding on the so-called student athlete. Road games in the middle of a school week? You would have to be nose to the grindstone, little time for recreation and sleep less than the recommended 8 hours to play D1 basketball and keep decent grades in classes needed toward a respectable major. Good example a conference game where Texas Tech has to travel to West Virginia for tonight's game.
I would think just the time spent in the airport on both ends and the flights have to kill 12 hours. Some of these teams are playing 8-9 games a month during the season, impossible to mix that with being a good student unless you have mental skills that most do not posses.

Something also needs to be done about the one and done institutions. Is that person really a student athlete if he is just killing time waiting for the NBA draft? The NBA makes hoards of money they need to spend some of it to set up a minor league system similar to baseball, stop using the NCAA as a farm system. The NCAA in basketball has become the NBA's farm system for financial gain.

Last edited by Inner Dirt; 02-26-2018 at 08:30 AM.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)