Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-20-2018, 09:09 AM   #1
Teach

Gulfstream "Rainbow": Sat., Jan. 20

The GP “Rainbow” Pool will once again top Three “Rocks”. Bookoo Bucks. Dollar. Peso. Ruble. Leu. Euro. Rupee. Zloty. Sou. Whatever you call money? There’s three-thousand “Huge” up for grabs. Mucho Dinero! Book me on the next flight to Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood.

Race Five:

PASSPORT TO CHAOS should be closing in deep stretch. Needs to get up in time. Picks up Irad Ortiz, Jr for trainer Jason Servis. This City Zip-bred has been on shelf. Servis does well in that category. JO BOLD’S CAT’s jinete is Jose Ortiz. Bravo! Rick Violette, Jr. is an excellent trainer. Violette can surprise with layoff horses. Was closing in his last at “The Big A” against better. DEVISE draws the hedge. Esmael Jaramillio should have this Storm Cat-bred ready to mount a late- closing charge. Mark Casse trains. HARLAN’S HUNCH comes back on short rest after finishing second in this company. Javier Castellano should have this horse out and going. Peter Walder trains. Finally, LEAD BY EXAMPLE must overcome a daunting post #12. Yet, if Johnny V. can get this Tale of the Cat-bred into the mix early, he might just become a player. He competed in a Grade III event in his last; one in which he faltered on the far turn at Woodbine.

Race Six:

TOOTHPIC (I was thinking of "singling") drops back in for a tag after finishing 3rd in MSW company. One thing appears certain, he should “get” the 6-panels distance (I can’t say that for everyone else). This Graydar-bred grey gelding just missed at 7 panels - twice. Marcos Meneses is in the irons for trainer Mike Tomlinson. Tomlinson does very well when entering horses, second after a claim. PURE QUALITY could do nothing in a turf try at Aqueduct. This Stormy Atlantic-bred now surfaces at Gulfstream. A change of surface, a new jockey – the “hot as a petardo,” Luis Saez -- and trainer Jorge Abreu; that combination may do wonders. This gelding now drops into “the selling ranks” after trying MSW company on the grass. Abreu does well with horses that have been on the bench. MIRACLE HILL is a first-time starter who might just surprise (then again he might take a right turn and head directly for Golden Isles Lake). The pedigree is there: Curlin (Smart Strike). So too are the chauffeuring services of jockey Irad Ortiz, Jr. and the training skills of Jason Servis. Servis does very well with debut maiden claimers.

Race Seven:

ENTERPRISING has been away from the races since winning a non-graded, state-bred stakes event back in early November at Gpw. This Elusive Quality-bred 7-year old looks like the class (he’s won graded stakes events). Luis Saez is in the saddle for trainer Mike Maker. OUR WAY won The Sunshine Millions last year. If past is prologue… This Tizway-bred gelding should be in a good stalking position. Jose Ortiz is in the irons for trainer Jim Bond. Frankly, my only major concern is the lengthy layoff. GALLEON MAST is a Mizzen Mast (Cozzene)-bred grey (aren't all the Cozzene's grey) gelding who’s been on vacation since early November. Yet during the summer-fall of 2017, this gelding was either first or second in five straight races. Irad Ortiz, Jr. has his feet in the stirrups for trainer David Fawkes.

Race Eight:

HERE’S TO MIKE makes his 2nd start off a layoff (trainer Jane Cibelli does very well in that category). Irad Ortiz, Jr. picks up the mount. This Go For Gin-bred should benefit from his inside post. Yet, a note of caution: he did fail as the favorite in his last. RACINGS MY GAME tried some rarefied air in his last, only to be found wanting. Well, he’s back in with the kind he can handle. Nik Juarez picks up the mount for Saffie Joseph, Jr. Joseph does well when going route to sprint. TROUBLE IN PHOENIX ships down from across the border to make his American debut. This Street Cry-bred will be closing. Blinkers go back on. Luis Saez has hit feet in the stirrups for trainer Sid Attard.

Race Nine:

C’ERA UNA VOLTA (Once Upon A Time…In America) turns back one panel and faces somewhat softer MSW company. That might just be a prescription for a trip to the winner’s circle. One thing’s for sure: he should be out and going when the gates unlatch. Jose Ortiz is in the irons for owner-trainer Francisco D’Angelo. LENNOX caught my attention with a blistering 4-panels morning work :47.1, breezing from the gate. I repeat: From the gate! Esmael Jaramillio has the call for trainer Stanley Gold. DEXTER also caught my attention, not so much for himself, but for his dam, Cameron Crazies. This mare had two winners and one stakes winner from three starters. Edgard Zayas is in the saddle for trainer Ralph Nicks. Nicks does very well when conditioning horses making their debut in MSWs.

Race Ten:

STARSHIP JUBILEE appears to be “The Horse”. This A.P. Indy-bred has been a consistent turf horse who has won half her turf tries. This mare has competed and won in Grade II Stakes races. One of the best on the grass, Jose Lezcano -- “Lez(cano on the Ces(ped)”—is in the irons for trainer Kevin Attard. Two things bolster confidence. This horse recently “drilled” four panels in :46.1. Also, the aforementioned mare’s trainer, Rivelli, has a solid record in non-graded stakes. DADDY’S BOO looks like the main threat. This 7-year old grey mare found the Grade III Dowager at Keeneland to be “a bridge too far.” She shortens up today to one mile and a ‘teenth in this non-graded state-bred turf stakes. The Maracaibo, Venezuelan native, Javier Castellano, has the call for trainer Larry Rivelli. Rivelli does very well with shippers.

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement