Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 06:01 AM   #5
Java Gold@TFT

Maybe 2 years ago my wife wanted to go to Saratoga. She doesn't know anything about betting and I always tell her to just bet names and birthdays after she asks which horses I think have a good chance. So she gets her $20 voucher for the day. In the first race I tell her I like the 1 and the 6 so she should bet a birthday exacta box. Our grandson was born 6/17 so I told her to go up and ask for a $1 exacta box of 1,6,7. She comes back to the table and has a $2 tri box. Evidently she just told the teller to box 1,6,7 - teller asks tri? - sure - $1 or $2? - 2 - so she comes back having spent $12 of her $20 on the first race. Of course it hits and she doesn't know because she still hasn't learned how to follow a race. Stupid thing comes back about $250. If she had played what I told her she would have been happy with the $35 she would have had from the $1 exacta. Oh well, she hit two more tri's that day and came home over $500 ahead. My stories are generally in the other direction. The last one was last fall when I missed a $1,900 tri at Keeneland because I didn't look closely at the ticket and the teller gave me race 3 instead of race 6. The numbers were right and the amount was right but I didn't check the race number, duh!
Java Gold@TFT is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)