Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-31-2016, 08:11 PM   #72
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG4
A pair of stories as to why I am happily betting pretty much exclusively on ADW's now (with withdrawals linked to my checking account) & am gladly avoiding teller interaction:

A few years ago I hit a closing day GP rainbow 6 payout several times over on tickets punched in at Belmont, each ticket worth over $3,000. I bring them in to cash early the next day as to make sure the tellers won't be busy & can give me full attention for the IRS process & large payout. I give the tickets to the teller, he starts getting them ready to process, then I think between a mix of butter fingers & maybe a gentle breeze, 2 of the tickets float off & land squarely into the narrow opening of some random large box behind the tellers, which of course is locked & nobody has the keys to. I think it took them nearly an hour to find someone who could access the keys & finally open this thing up & dig out my tickets. When the whole thing is over, don't think there was even an apology from the supervisor.

Older story back from the days of NYC OTB in 2005 - I hit a pick 6 on my phone account for a 6 figure score. I go to the OTB to withdraw the winnings, asking it to be in the form of a check. Of course this creates some confusions as this doesn't seem to be a method they use all too often, but am told they can do it. Guy comes back eventually and gives me the check, and at that point my account balance is reduced completely. The check looks a little funky, because they used a stamp for the number of zero's, but the stamp was '000' so they stamped that part & wrote in the other digits. Either way I think it'll pass muster, cause I'm young & don't know any better & didn't realize what else was wrong with the check....so I head off to the bank, hand them this check & they're like you've got to be kidding me. The check has no bank routing number on it, and it's from Chemical Bank, which unbeknownst to me was no longer a bank since apparently 1996! Now I realized just how infrequently OTB's paid off winners in checks. So now I"m pretty paranoid that I just got taken somehow & this is going to turn in to some complete disaster. Luckily it only ended up being an inconvenient pain in the butt as we got the OTB comptroller on the phone & he directed me to another branch with an actual functioning checkbook who was able to cut me a new check later that day.

I think I'll take the trade off nowadays for easy movement of winnings over the "fun" of having these stories to tell.

LOVE THESE stories! God bless your patience
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)