Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 07:14 PM   #14
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve R
So he is claiming that 47% of Americans pay no income tax, which essentially is true although the number is really 46.4%. By claiming he'll never convince "those people" to take personal responsibility he is clearly stating that they don't.
Actually, as I stated in another thread, I read Romney's comments to mean a certain SEGMENT of that 47% who pay no income taxes also take NO personal responsibility (which is true, as I'm sure you would agree). You and others choose to interpret his words in a different fashion. That's fine.

I give him the benefit of the doubt, knowing he is a successful, intelligent, highly educated individual. Thus I know he doesn't believe that the ENTIRE 47% DO NOT take personal responsibility for their lives. The words that came out of his mouth that evening might make it APPEAR otherwise, but I'm sure if given the chance he would choose his words more carefully to convey the EXACT meaning if he knew his comments were going out to a wider audience...he didn't think he was being quoted or recorded, so he wasn't careful with his words...

See, that's the crux of this entire silly debate. There are actually people (like you, apparently) who believe that Romney sees that entire 47% as lacking personal responsibility and therefore they look to the gov't to help them at every turn. I refuse to believe Romney truly believes such nonsense. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 09-22-2012 at 07:19 PM.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)