Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 04:28 PM   #9
Steve R

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
First problem...Mitt Romney never said those exact words...

Thus, I'm not going to believe that anyone else said those replies to Mitt either...
Nor are those words shown in quotes. So it's not a direct quotation but the content is absolutely correct.

These are the actual words:

"There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it -- that that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what. ... These are people who pay no income tax. ... [M]y job is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."

So he is claiming that 47% of Americans pay no income tax, which essentially is true although the number is really 46.4%. By claiming he'll never convince "those people" to take personal responsibility he is clearly stating that they don't.

But you do know, don't you, that the responses to the unquoted comment were intended only to represent the demographic range of the people under his umbrella of self-proclaimed "victims" and government leeches? But to me the clincher of his idiocy is the denial that people are entitled to things like health care, food or housing. That's objectivist crap to the max. I'll go one step further. Angry mobs rising up and killing those who would deny them health care, food or housing they are justified because the instinct for survival preempts the infantile and biologically insane faux philosophy of objectivism. Don't get me wrong. I'm not advocating mass violence, but if someone threatens my and my family's very survival by denying me food because I can't pay, I will take theirs by any means possible - and so would you. Biology is one hell of a behavioral driver.
Steve R is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most