Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-10-2020, 10:26 AM   #46
kdavis7837

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
Let me make am observation and suggestion.

Turf is different than dirt.
Stakes race are different than MSW and ALW races
Claimers are different from non claimers.
etc..

Each race has factors that are more or less important depending on the type of race it is.

So instead of looking for some magic number or formula that applies to all race types, try concentrating on finding out what works best in a certain situations.
I usually do, but in this case I flat out missed it, I didn't go back and far enough to determine its true run style, it wasn't the product, I figured the horse would be closer to the pace because of the drop in class from Alw with much higher race ratings to cheap claiming and the Jocks aggressiveness, ( ignored vet scratch since last as well) mistakes on several levels and the kind of things I an working on ,that and I miss judged the Jocks ability on the #4, the horse was better despite the Jock
which brings me to the spotlight feature, why do they use so many off tracks as the spotlight race? clearly as you say a different animal, I have seen them use a sloppy track for the spotlight when the races before and after matches todays surface and track conditions ? I know there is nothing wrong with designating ones own style and spotlight but it does change the dynamics of the product, IMO, Odds wise probably better the way it is, that's for sure

Last edited by kdavis7837; 05-10-2020 at 10:40 AM.
kdavis7837 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)