Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Louisiana Derby
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2018, 02:25 PM   #1
letswastemoney

Louisiana Derby

These are my initial thoughts.

Bravazo - It feels like last time was the time to take a chance with him. Value is gone now, right? Odds and value aside, he is a contender.

Noble Indy - Risen Star went in a merry-go-round. Things could change. Not sure if blinkers will help, but he has a chance with a small step forward.

Marmello - Ambitious spot for a maiden.

Givemeaminit - None of his route attempts are strong. After four attempts at failing to hit the Top 3 going two turns, it does not feel like the stretchout to 1 1/8 miles will help.

Retirement Fund - Faded badly in the Southwest after a strong pace, but does not seem like a realistic contender. Needs a class drop.

Hyndford - Second to Magnum Moon last out, although the latter won in a hand ride. It is a bit concerning they put this one in a claimer only two starts ago.

Snapper Sinclair - Good effort in the Risen Star. He set the pace and almost held on. It is strange most of the horses never changed position. He is a contender regardless.

Lone Sailor - Looks like a mud horse. The Feb. 19 effort over a fast track is decent considering the pace, but it came in an optional claimer.

My Boy Jack - Is he a mud horse as well? Did the "golden rail" at Oaklawn help? These are the questions he must answer.

Dark Templar - Slow horse who likes to run on the pace drew poorly. Needs a miracle.

Tough race. The best horses will appear logical to the public.

I prefer the Risen Star trio of Bravazo, Snapper Sinclair and Noble Indy, but I could change my mind.

Last edited by letswastemoney; 03-20-2018 at 02:29 PM.
letswastemoney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)