Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Too Much
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2019, 07:48 AM   #8
Thomas Roulston

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo96 View Post
My wife says that I devote too much time to horse racing. I'm either at the track, playing on line, at the OTB, or handicapping. I am pretty good, and have a good ROI, and I love everything about racing. She gets real pissed. Has anyone gone through this?

Back in the days when the NFL blacked out the games of the local team whenever they were playing at home, men, with their wives in tow, drove to a motel in the next TV market (Albany or Binghamton if they lived in or just outside New York City, Scranton if they lived in or just outside Philadelphia) just to be able to watch the Giants or Jets in the former example, or the Eagles in the latter, play their home games. The women referred to their husbands who did this as "Rabbit-Eared Roosters." Some even did it for college games on Saturdays, making a weekend of it.
Thomas Roulston is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)