Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-20-2018, 12:40 PM   #10
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire View Post
during Comey's testimony before the Senate committee on May 3, 2017. To jog memories Comey testified under oath that nobody was authorized, by him, to be an anonymous source to the media about the investigations.

As I pointed out earlier McCabe has some interesting points in his statement, that are not helpful to others.

McCabe clearly states in his statement on his firing, "As Deputy Director, I was one of only a few people who had the authority to do that. It was not a secret, it took place over several days, and others, including the Director, were aware of the interaction with the reporter. It was the type of exchange with the media that the Deputy Director oversees several times per week."

So who is lying Comey, under oath, or MCcabe in his statement saying that the Director, Comey, knew about McCabe's interaction with the press?

If Comey is smart he better distance himself from McCabe and make the case McCabe was acting in a rogue manner contrary to the policies of the FBI.

Now, it becomes very interesting will see who turns on who and how far up this matter will go up the food chain, due to people trying to save themselves. We already know McCabe, fired the first shot, throwing Comey under the bus by McCabes written statement contradicting Comey's sworn testimony.
I will take your word that Comey said in his testimony before Congress that nobody was authorized by him to be an anonymous source. The thing is, McCabe never said he was an anonymous source. He was an authorized source who spoke on the record.

An anonymous source is anonymous because the person is speaking without the permission of his superiors. McCabe had that permission; he spoke on the record, or he supervised others who spoke on the record.

"Anonymous" is a pretty long word. Hard to believe that you did not notice it or realize its significance.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)