Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013, 09:10 PM   #49
levinmpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Good writeup.

The argument that the sports leagues are making against NJ is laughable and its amazing to me how anyone "voted" in favor of the sports leagues. We all know a certain sports league that's completely built on gambling, from top to bottom yet they sit there on their soap box and believe that their league would be just as successful if people werent betting the games or engaging in fantasy sports. Its comical.
The Australian Football League(Austrailian Rules Football) played their Grand Final in Melbourne today. I watched some highlights on the afl.com.au website. Ausie Rules Football is a great game, but aside from that, you see advertisements from gambling entities right on the field and on the afl.com.au website as well. It's part of the culture there, and in other right thinking countries. The NFL plays a regular season game in London tomorrow with bookmaker shops across the street from the venue. It's okay for the Brits to wager on the NFL games, but not Americans? What a joke the NFL is when it comes to gambling. If people couldn't gamble illegally on the games, they'd have no ratings whatsoever. I just don't understand their stance on the gambling issue. I hope that someday the individual American states will realize that people will always gamble anyway, so lets regulate and tax it properly.

I got an email from a friend of mine on Wednesday stating that he can no longer wager through Twinspires in Texas. He was really upset and vowed to find a way to place his wagers. He has now opened an offshore account with a bookmaker in Costa Rica. I'm sure he's not alone. Nice job Texas. Send those dollars offshore and don't get a penny of it.
levinmpa is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)