Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-21-2018, 07:35 AM   #58
Native Texan III

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
It's odd that not way more people were swayed against Trump by the constant barrage of negative media (in addition to the self-inflicted negatives, like the Access Hollywood tape) and negative comments from Democrats & Republicans alike (including the sitting president at the time, one Barack Obama).

I would think that would sway FAR MORE people against DJT than any algorithms measly 5% might sway towards him....

You wouldn't agree?

That is the way many people think who still do not realize how deadly powerful personal message psychological emotional targeting is.

The Hollywood tapes for example would trigger the greatest emotional response in the Evangelicals who are Republicans. The traditional response would be that alone wouldst kill Trump's chance stone dead.

So you produce social media information that only Evangelicals see. You could say things like "it was all in my past"; "I bitterly regret my sins and beg for forgiveness"; " I am now a born again Christian and beg forgiveness as Christ once gave"; "I really respect and honor women" - as they show happy and fulfilled women working in Trump organizations". Evangelicals now forgive Trump and welcome him to their hearts. He can do no wrong.

For non evangelicals you have another set of specific media information which leaves out the religious bits but apologizes and moves swiftly on to the things that trigger their emotions and fears like jobs, migration etc. You tell them that all the adverse stuff is because the media are fabricating fake news". That excuses them from listening to any more of it. They are not too happy with his past but are prepared to overlook it just once.

You might have misread the 5%. I said it would only take 5% successfully effected in UK to completely change the result. About 35% of the voter population had targeted adds and the success rate can be as high as 88%. Polls, pundits, Forex market, bookmakers were all forecasting a comfortable Remain win. It was a bombshell when it did not happen.

Last edited by Native Texan III; 07-21-2018 at 07:36 AM.
Native Texan III is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)