Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-16-2024, 12:03 PM   #62
headhawg
crusty old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I just watched his 2023 highlight film. I think some of that 2.8 seconds could be from his being able to escape the rush, most of the time he scrambled around a lot he did not keep his eyes down field and took off running. Most of the time he is only scanning half the field and not sure how many plays I watched in a 30 min video, a 100? He only threw to a 3rd read 2 or 3 times and those could have been going back to read 1 again, hard to tell. It is usually two reads and run. Definitely agree on the poor field vision and slow processing time. He is very athletic, as for receivers DJ Moore WR, and Cole Kmet TE, looked fine to me.
The point about Pocket Time or Time-to-throw (which btw Fields had the longest TTT @3.23) is not about the exact number, but more about the relationship to the other QBs' numbers. His ranking indicates that he has the most time but he still can't get complete passes at a good enough %. The actual reason doesn't matter. It could be his field vision or that he is football dumb or even something else. Combined with his other stats it is just more evidence that he is a crap NFL quarterback.

The Bears have a history of bad quarterbacks; everyone who follows the NFL knows it. I was hoping that Fields was the guy. But there's three years of tape on him and only wishful thinkers see any real improvement. Let's hope Poles gets this right as next year's QB class is not the same quality as this year's AND they are not likely to have the first pick again.

Yes..it would be fabulous to nab one of the top three WRs. But given the state of the Bears' needs another WR is a luxury pick that they can't afford to make. And besides -- who's gonna get these guys the ball?

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)