Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 05:57 PM   #29
Indulto
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal
MOST of the time in North America as well.
I'm not sure that's true in recent years. I'm thinking of Danzon who has failed to return to form after almost beating males in a turf stakes race, and Rags to Riches who was injured and defeated following her Belmont victory. Was Azeri as strong after facing males?

I'm not convinced racing females against males is necessarily bad, but if it were my filly or mare, I'd think about waiting for her final race to try unless she had absolutely nothing left to prove in her own division. And I'd sure think twice about risking her future foals if the experiment were to take place on dirt.

Maybe Eight Belles would have survived with more time to develop. It's a tough call and obviously her connections knew she was exceptional.

OA,
What other potential negatives would there be in re-introducing Arabian blood besides the lower price their foals would initially bring.
Indulto is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.