Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-31-2017, 10:32 AM   #27
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTamm1215 View Post
Klaravich should win the Owner's Eclipse. They had 3 different Grade I wins including the Preakness (King's Bishop and Frizette as well) and over 6.4 million in earnings. Juddmonte had $13.2 million in earnings in two races alone. They barely had over $3 million otherwise.
Problems like these seem to come up all the time in the human categories.

How do you weight connections that had 1 horse that earned a ton of money and most of the Grade 1s vs. the connections that accomplished a little less overall but with a greater variety of horses?

How do you weight connections that have a ton of horses accumulating accomplishments on volume vs. another with with fewer accomplishments but better results based on percentages?

There are no rules or guidelines. It depends on what you personally value.

I remember having an internal debate with myself in the year Bob Baffert won because of American Pharaoah. No one would argue that Baffert was a bad selection. I think he won in a landslide. But I still think Chad Brown had the better overall training year because BB's earnings and Grade1s were heavily weighted by one great horse. CB did it with a variety of horses. He also did well on dirt. The uniqueness of the Triple Crown swung the vote.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 12-31-2017 at 10:44 AM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)