Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-14-2014, 01:19 PM   #151
onefast99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canarsie
I meant him personally putting his butt on the line. I would never doubt he's first out of the gate but you won't see his name mentioned if warrants come down. Some poor teller (what would be the correct name?)will likely come close to getting a heart attack while he sits in his office figuring out how can he expand his personal wealth.

In case of the small chance a teller gets arrested will Monmouth put up the bail? Again my hunch is Drazin will be hiding under his desk.

Again I hope NJ gets it off the ground just don't see it in my (whatever that's worth) crystal ball.

I don't know if you read a post I made a couple of years ago but it's summer so we can do reruns. My friend called me up and asked if I wanted to catch the last couple of races at Monmouth. We get there a little before race ten out of twelve. Would you believe they were still charging for parking and when I said to the attendant "are you serious" her reply was "at least you will get a close spot". Then they had the "gall" to charge admission (I had passes not the point) instead of letting people in for free they would wager that money anyway. So what are they going to do with sports wagering? The same procedure where if somebody bets a ten timer the actually cost will be near a twelve timer. That's an awfully large vig for a small time gambler. What do you think this person will do the next time? This was under the Drazin watch do you think this is the smart way to try and entice people back to the track?
I am neutral here, the current group running MP is working on many new ideas to make the place more enjoyable including a concert venue and a new year round restaurant. The few bucks they charge for admission and parking goes to pay many of the workers. The fact they charged you after the majority of the card was run isn't something I would have done. Did you ever email the track and tell them this? They are pretty good with keeping people happy while figuring out how to generate revenue streams. PM me and I will send you a few passes for the clubhouse(not good on Haskell day).

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)