Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Justify
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 12:46 PM   #129
ultracapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasch View Post
It appears that you have to be a number maker of some kind to appreciate the effort yesterday. His last 2 races he was beating the equivalent of claimers versus running against a proven grade 1 horse yesterday. People fawned all over him when beating NOTHING and the same people weren't impressed yesterday, LOL

I can say that the SA Derby number was SO EASY to make that I didn't even need for the Oaks to run to verify anything. I had the race equivalent to 133-135 on the Timeform scale and they gave it a 132.

One interesting thing is the Beyer. Doug Salvatore posted on twitter this morning that in the Oaks all 9 horses were given lower beyers than their previous. He thought it should have been 5 points higher and the 107 number given to Justify is 5 points less than the "usual" Timefore to Beyer equivalent. Did they "adjust" the Oaks down so they wouldn't have to give Justify the 112?
I'm one of those. You gotta take it as it comes.

I think I like him stalking better than setting. KD should give him that opportunity also.

Plenty of time to think this through. Hate to see him at too short a price though as there are questions, as there always are with top-end, lightly raced 3 yos. He's gone 7, 8, and 9. Straight to the premier 10 furlong race in the land.

Thank heavens we still have a month to go. He came back to the morning works quickly after the allowance, just as he did after the maiden. The work regimen from here out will be interesting. Couldn't be in better hands. Let's see what the white haired wizard does from here.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)