Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: NFL draft
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2018, 10:35 AM   #21
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
The way I think the top of the draft will pan out and why.

Browns takes Josh Allen.Most upside and the things that scouts have concerns about have improved, according to reports.I am a great believer in letting QB's sit for a couple of years and given the low level of competition that Allen played against in high school,JC and Wyoming (the MWC ain't the SEC!),he needs it more than the others.That kind of arm, athleticism and size don't come along very often.The Browns could be a playoff team in 2019;the AFC North gets older and weaker every year

The Giants next take Saquonn Barkley.Last season's disaster was an abberation and the Giants think they could get back in the playoff hunt next year.RB is a great area of need, Eli could use the support and RB is the most plug and play position in football.If he could be Ezekiel Elliot , without the off field problems,that could happen.Or they could go with Sam Darnold (a mistake) or Bradley Chubb (see #4)

The Jets might be tempted to take Josh Rosen (a Jewish football star in New York City? My son, the quarterback!) but I think they will take Baker Mayfield.He's cocky but he also plays with a chip on his shoulder.New York and him were made for each other.

At 4, the Browns got a gift from the gods.The Texans needed to unload Brock Osweiler's ridiculous contract and the Browns got a 1st round draft pick for doing so.What was unexpected was Houston going from AFC South champ in2016 to last place.They dropped 20 draft positions from the previous year.The Browns take NC State DE Bradley Chubb (or Barkley if the Giants choose a QB,).

At 5, Denver needs a QB.Case Keenum is a game manager and not a long term answer,Rosen could fit here.The most ready to start right away but the concussions are a concern.His father is one of the top surgeons in California so he would be more cognizant of long term damage than most families.Or Denver could trade down for more draft picks.

Well those are my predictions.That and a dime lets you bet on a superfecta.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)

Last edited by barahona44; 04-26-2018 at 10:39 AM.
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)