Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Ide to Sata DVD
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 01:39 PM   #12
headhawg
crusty old guy

One last thing: DJ is right about potential problems especially regarding an older machine with, no doubt, a lot of proprietary components. I think that this is most likely a case of hit-or-miss. The biggest issues are the driver and the controller card working correctly with the HP motherboard.

I also have to agree with vegasone on the burning out of the DVD drives. Switching to SATA is not likely to help with that issue. Also I'm not sure why you are buying used drives unless it's because of the rarity of IDE burners now. I just checked with NewEgg and they have an MSI IDE burner for $22 with free shipping. Perhaps the short-ish lifespan of drives is because they are used??

You weren't specific on the type of failures, but one thing NOT to do is close the tray with your hand. Use the open/close button. The tray can become misaligned by pushing on it with your hand and could be one area that may be giving you problems.
headhawg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)