Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Looking Back
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2017, 08:56 AM   #13
BELMONT 6-6-09

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
i haven't had a winning year in the last 5. this summer i destroyed myself betting into these tough as hell pari-mutuel pools. Keeneland decided that they want me to lose more money faster and they hiked the host fees and takeout. so they succeeded to send me to the bench. they probably don't want me betting into their pools anyway and for that matter other people as well because their handle looks likes its down and going lower for this crummy meet full of fake horses all juiced up that run for big purses.
Lambo,

Appreciate the honest posting

I am so far behind in this exotic betting menu that I virtually avoid it (less an occasional cold double or a 1x2 exacta key), when I have a strong insight for making the wager and it holds value.

In no way am I making a blanket statement about the exotic wagering format. all I can say that for me it has too many variables to deal with and the resulting long run outs would not be the way I would like to play this game. Yes, the rewards are great but the bad beats that occur within the frame can be hard to handle.
Myself, I am a win bettor and this format keeps me firmly in control of my bets and what prices I am willing to accept . With the greed going on today ie Keeneland a player has to be more selective then ever in the pursuit of making a well thought out wager that is considered a good percentage play. Everyday good percentage plays...win or lose that's my plan.
BELMONT 6-6-09 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)