Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-15-2020, 01:45 PM   #755
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
And remember, NYRA didn't have to do this. It had options downstate. And I am pretty certain that if moving to Saratoga had resulted in an outbreak, NYRA wasn't going to offer to pay compensation, just like it didn't compensate all the horsemen who had to incur expenses moving to Saratoga.
By "this," do you mean hold the meet at Saratoga? Perhaps it was just good fortune, but holding the meet at Saratoga did not result in a Covid outbreak, as you know. So why lament the move? Are you connecting the current uptick to the meet that ended in early Sept?

Does NYRA normally compensate the horsemen who participate in the Saratoga meet? I think NYRA might (?) provide free horse shuttles between downstate and Saratoga, but what else? What incremental costs did the horsemen absorb this year? I assume their housing costs were lower this year, as racing fans that typically drive short-term housing rentals weren't present.
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)