Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: HIDDEN SCROLL
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2019, 01:11 PM   #15
f2tornado

As for the price at the windows, keep in mind it was a full field with a number of well bred horses with winning connections. I stated in the Smarty Jones thread beforehand that this maiden race probably had better horses. It looked like an early prep on paper. I have certainly seen my share of maidens look impeccable only to later fail the class test but his guy hit the wire seemingly geared down a tenth faster than City of Light hit the mile pole. The comparisons to first start of Justify are perfectly reasonable. Scroll perhaps gets a training advantage having made his first start three weeks before Justify did. This gives him more options to pick up Derby points. I'd like to see this one target the Fountain of Youth then the Florida Derby as did Orb with the same rider in 2013.

The only knocks I have on him if they're even knocks at all are (1) he is a Northern Dancer and you need to go back to Big Brown to find one of those wearing Roses and (2) Apollo may be broken but the thought still lurks.

Given the buzz, I'm confident the horse will be featured in the Pool 2 future wager but I fear the odds will be a bit underwhelming for the risk. That said, they won't get any better should he flash again next out.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)