Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-28-2018, 01:08 PM   #71
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I am not in favor of abortion. But I don't want to see it banned. That doesn't mean I am a cheerleader for the procedure.
It's called pro choice, not pro abortion for a reason. It means that you support the right of a woman to make the choice, even if you personally are opposed.

When I write about abortion, I am writing about the ATTITUDE towards it held by its most enthusiastic proponents, as opposed to the procedure itself, which I believe should be left to the woman to decide.
I don't see this enthusiasm at all. I see women making serious, difficult decisions.

I don't like the attitude toward abortion as it currently stands. It isn't looked at as a last resort, as it should be. It's looked at pretty much as another form of birth control, in my opinion. Certainly by its biggest defenders. And that to me is wrong. They have succeeded in converting a good portion of the population to view it this way as well. That has been their goal. It is why they won't give an inch, even when discussing some of the most extreme examples (partial birth for instance).
If you don't believe abortion should be used as another form of birth control, then why make it so difficult to access the other forms of birth control, condoms, the pill intrauterine devices etc, I'm not referring to you specifically, but many religions-including mine-are opposed to any birth control methods-except rhythm.

I'm sure Obama was in part a result of the discontent with Republicans, and certainly with the image painted of the Bush administration by the media and others. Of course, a nice big chunk of that image was Bush's own fault
Ya think?

But I never trashed Obama as much as the biggest anti-Trumpers are trashing Trump every single minute here on this board, so I'm not sure why you're addressing that part of your reply to me.
Maybe you didn't, but there are many here who have.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)