Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-11-2024, 01:12 PM   #49
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
So you do not believe they are not paying local taxes and property taxes and taxes for all the machines inside the buildings and taxes on the fleet of trucks and on and on. And all the employees that work for them the taxes base generated. Your rose colored glasses only sees what you want them to see, and you say that you were an employer. Just how did your benefits stack up against one of these company's? If something like that opened new near your loss of better employees is a given to what you had to offer right. Now that there is much less runway left in your career it becomes important to talk about what you could never do not because you did not posses opportunity but the talent.

That depends on location, where I was at on my last two locations in SoCal there wasn't any business property tax, not sure if 13 years later that still holds true. Here in Caroline County Virginia you pay business property tax on every thing used in a business, and I mean every thing, down to the last fork if you own a restaurant. A person would really have to have a lot of paper and sharp pencils to calculate what area is the most business friendly for each type of business. You pay business property tax here, but if you haul your own you can dispose of trash and toxic waste in moderate daily amounts free of charge. You can dump 5 gallons of waste oil a day for free like motor oil or used cooking oil like for a restaurant. In California toxic waste disposal was $8 a gallon and a mess of paperwork, dirty mop water was considered toxic waste. It I showed up with 5 gallons of dirty mop water here at the refuse transfer station they would tell me to go pour it down the drain while giving me a weird look. Hauling my own trash really cost no time or money as the refuse station is 1/2 mile down the road from the grocery store and on the way out of town for errands. Free trash and toxic waste disposal is worth $100 or so a month to me.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)