Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 09:31 AM   #2
Bullet Plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevil
We had $60 bleacher seats yesterday for Zenyatta's race. My husband figured this "higher class of people" would be forgiving, realize we were all there for the same reason, and let people up to the fence to take a picture of Z. And that's what I wanted more than anything, a semi-decent picture with my lame camera, but no, folks weren't understanding - more specifically, WOMENfolk. For some reason, kindness, understanding and common sense had disappeared and standing at the fence became synonymous with bleacher seats. They couldn't get any Churchill staff to agree with them, but it didn't matter. I guess I should have stood on the empty bleacher (on their ACTUAL seats), but I wasn't the one trying to start a fight.

I understand why the middle class has this attitude, but it doesn't excuse it. The rail, or the fence (whatever you want to call it) is public access, first come first serve, you cannot reserve it. Wanting people to act out of love instead of fear is not gonna happen at a racetrack, I guess. I'll never understand what I was taking away from these women....there was plenty of room for all of us. And I can't understand the kind of person who wants to take joy away from someone else.
I notice some of the very people you are describing acting the same way on the highways. Dog eat dog.
Bullet Plane is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)