Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-06-2023, 09:23 AM   #2
f2tornado

I'm largely in the same boat but there's plenty of other wagering options for me if I I feel the need to spread. I'll often make an all single play on high rent wagers like the Keeneland Turf P3 or the $5 Golden Hour or Belmont double. A little perspective, a $5 double is still cheaper than putting $3 to win on each horse plus it's always at least a mild thrill when you're live in the last leg on a fatter play.

I have no proof, but it does seem like those more expensive buy-ins provide more bang for the buck when they do get hit. I played the 50 cent CC5 and Churchill Downs Pick 6 on Saturday. I hit the chalky P6 for $88 but missed the chalky CC5 in one race that was only a mild 5/2 upset with Irad up. That wager would have paid $275 or about a 25% premium over the cheaper wager. I suppose some of that could be lower takeout.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)