Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-18-2018, 12:45 PM   #10
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff P View Post
Imo, most of the really good riders are really good because they have a tendency to ride each mount based on the abilities/tendencies of the horse they are on.

Meaning -- if they are on a need the lead type they establish competitive early position by being aggressive right from the break.

Or if they are on a closer or presser and they see several other riders gunning for the lead soon after the break, they establish competitive tracking position by taking back a bit.

Imo, Leparoux has a tendency not to do any of that.

Imo, he has a tendency to ride nearly every horse he is on the same way.

If he is on a need the lead type, instead of getting the horse into the race early: I've seen too many times when he loses all chance because he backs the horse out of the race soon after the break - and loses contact with the field.

If he is on a closer and the surface isn't deep and tiring, or if he's riding a closer in a race that has minimal pace contention: I've seen too many times when he loses all chance by doing the same thing - taking back too far soon after the break - and losing contact with the field in the process.

But --

Imo, when he's riding a closer on soft or tiring ground:

Leparoux's your guy.

-jp

Have to agree with you also.

Some of my worst bets involved assumptions that a jock would make a necessary tactical adjustment (make the lead or merge to save ground from a wide post near the first turn, ask from the rail, sit off an obvious duel instead of joining the fray 3-across, 'read' the break from an outside post in an extended sprint, let a cheap long shot go if they want to burn-out early, etc...................................). If there are any tactics/thinking involved, I need a HUGE significant overlay. Can't assume you are on the same page, however obvious it may seem.

Last edited by Robert Fischer; 08-18-2018 at 12:46 PM.
Robert Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)