Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-27-2017, 11:04 AM   #28
toddbowker
Todd Bowker

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Eye View Post
Greetings,

I live in Nevada and we are unable to get rebates on horse racing wagers. You can place wagers through a smart phone app, but you will not receive cash back at any tracks.

At first, when I moved, I talked to a representative of an ADW who said I could keep my account open since I lived in two states. Furthermore, my information was still linked to my original account. Unfortunately, that was 3 years ago. Also, I noticed the rules of the original site now exclude my home state.

It seems ironic that I live in Nevada, yet have such difficulty obtaining comps (i.e. rebates) on horse racing bets. This has depressed my wagering activity in a very significant manner. Does anybody have any creative ideas on how I could get back in the game, with at least moderate rebates? As it stands, I restrict my wagers to lower takeout wagers at California tracks (15.43% WPS and 14% pick 5) or Woodbine (14.95% WPS). However, many tracks are simply unplayable due to laughable takeout.
Disclaimer --- PTC isn't licensed in Minnesota or Nevada, so we can't help you either way.

Any ADW that is operating above board will have to verify your residential address when you open the account. It's typically done electronically with what's known as a "top level screen" through a credit bureau. If the check doesn't confirm you live at the address you claim, you will be asked to provide supporting documentation (like a utility bill or lease).

Also, if you live in a good State and move to a bad one, if the ADW knows, they would have to close the account. That's probably why you got the initial response from the ADW representative.

On to the rebates question. Assuming you can establish a residence in Minnesota, you're not going to get a rebate there either. With the new ADW rules in place in the State, there is a mandatory source market fee that has to be paid to the tracks. This will pretty much kill any hope for a rebate, especially when you are playing the low takeout bets you mention at the tracks that traditionally have higher host fees. The bottom line is that to maximize your rebate potential, you would need to live in an area that doesn't have source market fees associated with it.
toddbowker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)