Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 11:38 AM   #227
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
We don't allow kids to drink until 21 because we are afraid they aren't responsible enough and may drive and kill someone but we allow them to buy and own weapons. That's ridiculous.
The fact we don't allow kids to drink until they are 21 is rooted in biology as much as it is hypocrisy. We are way behind the rest of the world in regards to our drinking age so I guess we should lower that too.

Personally, I think we should.

We live in this society where Guns are now taboo. I graduated from high school this century and the entire fall when I was in school there was a gun in my truck and many others. It wasn't this taboo thing or something to be feared it was part of our culture.

Now we live in a society where we need to protect everyone from everything but then get on forums like these and social media and completely trash other human beings we are likely to get along with fine on the outside.

Finally, because of the taboo nature of some of these things our children become that much more interested with them. I recently had a conversation with a bunch of 10 year olds who play PA's game Fortnight. They are casually talking about weapons like a SCAR and their knowledge of the gun only goes as far as what they learn in a game, where they shoot people with it, and apparently its the most powerful gun in the game. That's where their knowledge of the subject ends... what they ingest from media instead of going out and learning because...?... well... we have to protect the children.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 02-22-2018 at 11:46 AM.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.