Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-15-2023, 09:42 AM   #10
proximity

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC922 View Post
I don't know what BRIS includes or doesn't include as far as pace figures go but keep in mind points of call (beaten lengths) vary by distance and 5f is bit unique in that the first one is at 1.5 f and the second is at 3f. Second to last one is always 1f from the finish regardless of distance so in a 5f race the second to last one then actually corresponds with your half mile time and for the quarter mile time lengths back you will have to estimate it as a percentage between the first two which let's go with 2/3rds of the 1.5f point and 1/3rd of the 3f to give us 2f lengths. (forgive me if I'm off on that, just woke up) Lengths are all estimates anyway except for the finish, so here we're estimating an estimate. At 5f they should be giving you the first quarter pace figure based upon the blended estimated lengths back at the quarter mile time. Since none of us have the 'official' lengths back at the first quarter in 5f races that may explain if or why something might be missing in this case but I'd have to defer to others on that.

basically THIS is what they are doing.

it says e2, but it's really e1, and they seem to be extrapolating it close to how mjc922 is saying.

they give free pps for september 18 at asd, so let's look at a couple horses coming out of the same race:

july 25 5th asd

(bris pace)... 1c.....2c...est 1/4 call.
lady sunset....... (91)..........2.5....4.5.....3.0
towards the light (86)..........5.5....7.0.....5.5
ohtani .......... ....(82).........7.5.....8.0....7.5

so using the estimated quarter call towards the light is 2.5 lengths behind lady sunset which equals 5 bris points (91-86) with ohtani being another 2 lengths (4 bris points) back (86-82).

later in the card:

shootin money..(99)..........0.0.....0.0.....0.0
ask for bode.....(98)..........0.5.....neck....0.5
will knows........(89)..........4.25...5.75....5.0

hope this helps, please correct me if wrong.

Last edited by proximity; 09-15-2023 at 09:52 AM.
proximity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.