Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 07:07 PM   #15
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Is it? For about $130 a month you can get PPs and results for every race every month. That seems pretty reasonable to me.
My angle is for the casual player. Or say, the person that bets a few times a month.
Those quantity discounts are geared toward the every day player. Those who churn thousands every day.
I bet the races on some days.
Usually when I am home from work.
Mostly on weekends.
Now, not to say a few dollars is not unreasonable. However, when a copy of the DRF costs $8 or $9 ...Or the days's program at Saratoga costs $5. I wonder why it is other racing jurisdictions can give the same or even more information to the bettor free of charge.
What's the difference?
Is the information more costly in the US?
Look, on another front, which may help to bring this into some sort of perspective.
Compared to Europe and the Pacific Rim, our internet and cell technology is primitive. And it costs the consumer far more.
In other threads the lag in tote systems has been a large bone of contention.
I suspect, no such issues exist in the aforementioned locations.
The issue is, in Europe and Asia things are done differently.
I would submit that is a good thing. It makes us unique.
However when uniqueness is preserved even over the glaringly logical, that's not rational.
My point is, if non-North American racing jurisdictions are more successful, I think it is time to drop the pride and take a page out of the book of those who are doing it better.
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)