Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-24-2017, 09:32 AM   #11
onefast99

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
i have to pay between $22-$25 per day to board mares in New York. a little less in Pennsylvania, and i pay $15 per day and low vet bills in Ocala and get the best care in Florida. there are also different prices for suckling, weanling and yearlings.

also i do know of a few groups that actually made millions doing exactly what you are attempting to do here. i have my eyes on a mare that is still racing at the bottom that i can claim and breed. she is no 8 and i had the horse originally and she was one of my all time favorites that i ever had. she is a big tryer that has semi-decent pedigree.
Lambo,
Since you and I use the same farm in Ocala that is run by one of the best in the business today and as you know Tony will tell you this isn't an easy game when the horses you are working with have no revenue stream until and I say that with passion, you sell and either break even or train them and try to sell at the sales. The second path is the one where if you end up with a bad one the costs are heavy. But there is a bright side for the few that end up making a great score upon sale. Good luck with the venture after 8 years of breeding we are back to claiming.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)