Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-22-2017, 11:15 PM   #1
partnerships
Authorized Advertiser

Broodmare Partnership

Thinking of starting a small Broodmare partnership to purchase a Broodmare in Foal at Keenland. Not talking about a top end mare, something cheap that falls through the cracks in the 10k range. There are a ton of horses who slip through the cracks at this sale at the lower range.

As I have been researching this years sales I have found multiple broodmares in foal where I think profit can be made from selling the resulting foal either as a weanling or yearling.

There are several broodmares in past auctions that have had weanlings and yearlings sell for 100k plus that were sold for 5k, 10k, 15k etc in Keenelands Breeding Stock auction.

If you are interested post below and I will send more details. This is not a get rich quick scheme. Realize it will be several months before a foal is born which at the soonest could be sold next year in November.

The mare purchased can be bred back of course and either resold or resulting foals kept and sold or even raced. It will be up to the partnership to decide not me.

My thoughts are a maximum of 40 shares in the horse (or less depending on interest) at 2.5% each (or higher) for $250 each

This will be done by the book I already have a corporation set up to work it through.

Monthly fees would be $75 a month which would cover broodmare boarding, and a 10k stud fee, vet, farrier etc. When the weanling is separated from the mare the fee would go up $25 a month per share

Boarding will be in Kentucky where the foal will be born qualifying for the KTDF and to keep the mare around the best stallions.

Partners will have complete control by vote over every aspect from sales, breeding etc. No markups actual costs. I will make my money from my purchased percentages
partnerships is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)