Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 04:13 PM   #4
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Unless I am mistaken...Dave Schwartz is, as we speak, in the process of putting together something which is designed to accomplish the very thing you are talking about.
Thaskalos is right on the money here. In fact, I am in the process of completely re-designing how our company (and me) services customers.

Over the years we have had several hundred customers come and go. Many have come back several times.

People talk about my "great tech support" because I respond quickly to questions. While they are right about the typical response times, I have recently discovered that, in truth, the way I have supported MOST customers has actually been very poor.

See, what happens is that the squeaky wheels have gotten lots of oil. That is, the guys who ask the questions get the answers. I always thought that was the goal: get your questions answered completely and quickly.

I have learned over the past few months that this approach completely leaves out the guy that really just doesn't know where to begin or, worse, doesn't really know where to start.

The guy who never really gets started doesn't understand what questions to ask. And worse (for him), is that the logical question, "Where do I start?" is answered with "Go watch 10 hours of video seminar."

Seminars are a great way to teach. But when you have a simple question, you need a simple answer. Okay, sometimes the answer isn't really simple, but "It is somewhere in video #4" is just not a good answer.

So, I am working on a plan. At this point I have created "the plan to create the plan." No joke. There are many facets to the plan.

Doug, Duff and Jon were a test case for me. I wanted to see if I could make it work with them and, as you can see from their posts, it is working splendidly.

The truth is, HSH is a fairly simple program. (Yeah, right.) No, seriously, it is - once you understand what you are trying to do. This is easily evidenced by watching these guys when they handicap a race. I mean, they are doing really high-level handicapping - deep stuff - and they are doing it all in a matter of seconds!

Using the methods I have used for teaching them, I am putting together a model for teaching anyone. Understand that I did not teach them step-by-step, one-on-one.

The answer lies in the user having a good "starting foundation" - enough to get started right-away - so that they know the questions they need to ask and there is a place to get those answers with a reasonable amount of effort.

So, if you have ever purchased (or rented) HSH, stay tuned - because I will have this plan ready to talk about in the next few days.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

PS: In case anyone needs to hear it, this upcoming "plan" comes at absolutely zero cost to the client (beyond the usual download cost, of course).
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)