Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 03:12 PM   #5
kenwoodallpromos

Thank you!

Thank you Tioga Downs and H.A.N.A.! I will begin in earnest studying the harness races with the intention of supporting the Tioga track!
I have mostly been advocating for reducing racehorse injuries and for ways to increase handle by more general public interest in racing. But I have very recently been comvinced that lowering the takeout wherever and whenever possible is a very necessary part of racing moving forward. The variation in takeout rates from track to track or state to state points this up.
Calling the part of any gaming wagering not returned to the bettors "takeout", racing has to do more than other forms of gaming to get the attention of new bettors. And with this economy as it stands today, every effort must be made to get new "fans" and keep current ones by lowering takeout, in the end increasing handle and helping everyong in racing financially.

» Advertisement