Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 01:42 AM   #24
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secretariat
FREEDOM OF ASSOCIATION: Government may monitor religious and political institutions without suspecting criminal activity to assist terror investigations.
Are you saying every single religious or political institution is currently under investigation for terrorist-related activities? Even my local Roman Catholic church? I didn't think so....so what right of mine was taken away again?

Quote:
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION: Government has closed once-public immigration hearings, has secretly detained hundreds of people without charges, and has encouraged bureaucrats to resist public records questions.
Are you baffling me with bullshit? What right of mine here was taken away?

Quote:
FREEDOM OF SPEECH: Government may prosecute librarians or keepers of any other records if they tell anyone that the government subpoenaed information related to a terror investigation.
Again, what right of mine was taken away here? My right to be a librarian and inform a suspected terrorist he might be under investigation? Huh?

Quote:
RIGHT TO LEGAL REPRESENTATION: Government may monitor federal prison jailhouse conversations between attorneys and clients, and deny lawyers to Americans accused of crimes.
This one sounds meaty. Hasn't all telephone calls and meetings been monitored in jail? This doesn't mean they can use anything recorded in a court of law. Attorney/Client privilege still holds.

How many Americans have been denied a lawyer when accused of a crime?

Quote:
FREEDOM FROM UNREASONABLE SEARCHES: Government may search and seize Americans' papers and effects without probable cause to assist terror investigation.
I can safely say that 99% of Americans will not be a part of any terror investigation. But hey, I guess you got me here....

Quote:
RIGHT TO A SPEEDY AND PUBLIC TRIAL: Government may jail Americans indefinitely without a trial.
No they may not. How many Americans have been jailed indefinitely without a trial? Are you saying if I burn down my neighbors house, I will sit in jail forever without a trial? I think not....

Quote:
RIGHT TO LIBERTY: Americans may be jailed without being charged or being able to confront witnesses against them.
Really? If I am accused of stealing a car, are you saying I won't be able to confront the person who accuses me of stealing their car? I think not....
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)