Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Belmont Stakes
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2022, 08:32 AM   #29
PalaceOfFortLarned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkview_Pirate View Post
Well, be that as it may, if Rich Strike is the class of the crop, he is supposed to be able to overcome things like pace, distance and bounces. With Epicenter and Early Voting not in the race, on paper he's the "class" of the field. In theory. Maybe. If this crop just isn't all plugs.

Sometimes the Derby winner ends up being a horse with a lifetime peak and a lucky trip. But usually the Derby winner is a decent horse.

Doesn't mean he wins, and he'll most likely be an underlay. But his latest work was sharp and jogging around Big Sandy he looks okay. I expect him to hit the board.
Agree.

Regardless of pace and set up in the Kentucky Derby, he still ran 2:02 and change for 10F. While not an amazing time, it fits in with other Kentucky Derby winners of years past. Faster than American Pharoah and California Chrome on a fast track. (Yes, I realize comparing track surfaces from one day to the next is a frightful task, much less one year to another, but it isn't like they ran 2:04 and change.)

Mine That Bird and Giacomo came back to show us their Kentucky Derby wins weren't a fluke, and those are comparable winners.

12F is 12F. Most in the field simply aren't going to be able to run the distance in a competitive nature. Rich Strike looks to be one that will handle 12F better than most. I also expect him to be in the Superfecta at the very least.

Can he win? I'll be playing against him, but it certainly would not surprise me to see him cross the finish line first.
PalaceOfFortLarned is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most