Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Belmont Stakes
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2022, 12:29 PM   #23
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceOfFortLarned View Post
101 Equibase. That puts him squarely in contention in here. Really interested where his TFUS number is for that race.

That figure was his likely progression in the Arkansas Derby. That Arkansas Derby is a real head scratcher for him to run that poorly. His other 3 career races make him a solid player in this 3YO division.

1:35.63 at 1M in the Peter Pan and 1:48 and change is pretty salty on a good track for a 4th career race.
Yea, and I want to see the Pace Projector.
Life and current races keep me busy enough that I typically don't delve into fields more than a few days away.
I'll form an opinion and bounce that off the figs and projections, and see where I stand.

We The People is a well-meant horse. Big ownership. They opted Brisset, and I don't know if it had anything to do with the Baffert situation. Brisset is a good trainer, and in addition, he's an intelligent jockey who gets on his horses at times and so a more hands-on approach perhaps than other good trainers who have high quality workout jocks do the bulk of the work and communication between.

Coming into Arkansas Derby I had him as one of the 3 or 4 contenders. He was extremely live on the board. I don't know why ( talent, low ml? ). A horse like Cyberknife or Doppleganger seemed at the time to me to be about the same chances coming in. If not for the headlining filly Secret Oath, "We The People" would have been favored in Arkansas. Potentially a good model in a positive direction, although I don't have a full understanding.

Arkansas - awful trip. Either no plan for the 1st turn or they underestimated the quality of trying to grind past Cyberknife while 5 wide. Still looks young. Fundamentally sound, room to improve.

Peter Pan - broke well and used the distance to his advantage, mild pace pressure after break and then was able to cruise. Finished well, fundamentally sound.

Value? - If Mo Donegal and Rich Strike run, they could take some $$, and possibly a fair price if you favor this this horse.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)